Friday, January 28, 2011

Updating The "Uniform"



Ok Ladies,
So a few posts ago I introduced a new favorite blog/website I had found by Gwyneth Paltrow called GOOP. She fills it with lovely things and daily pretties that I just cannot seem to get enough of. My favorite, however, are her style tips. Below I have taken her post on a modern girl on the go "uniform" but have made it more budget friendly...enjoy.

Start with a few basics:
Grey tank tops  black leggings


Gwyneth Suggests
But I suggest these for the budget conscious gal...




This grey tank from Express and these black leggings (Danskin Supplex) are great options. 
Ok now all you need to do is layer them with the things that you have in your closet....




OPTION 1.
Leggings, Long Sweater and Boots

Gwyneth Suggests....

But I suggest

Arturo Chiang Emery Boot $149.99
Victoria's Secret Slouchy Cable $69





OPTION 2. 
Grey Tank, Trench Jacket and Wide Leg Jeans

Gwyneth Suggests...

But I suggest...
$48


  

Gap $69.50






OPTION 3.
Leggings, White Vest and Booties

Gwyneth Suggest....

But I suggest...






















American Apparel $12.50


I think you can mix and match the above items even more so I have added another option of my own creation....


OPTION 4.

 





You can do SO Much with these basics so do not be afraid to mix and match and remember that the pop of color or the piece that makes it different from the last time you wore it is the accessories.
Yay for uniforms and hassle free mornings!




xoxo